“He was very professional in the way he handled my case. He was able to get the charge reduced when I thought it wasn’t possible. Thanks!” – Jenny T.
New Orleans Criminal Defense Attorney
If you have been arrested or received a summons to appear in court, then we may be able to help you. Mr. Barkemeyer is a criminal defense attorney in New Orleans. His practice is devoted to criminal defense. We are not immigration or divorce lawyers doing a little criminal defense on the side. Our criminal defense firm is dedicated to defending the rights of the accused in Louisiana.
We Make it Easy
Hiring a criminal lawyer is not an easy task. Typically, you would have to spend a day driving to different lawyer offices, sit in the waiting room, then talk with a lawyer that you may not hire. We make it easy by modernizing the process. Hiring a criminal attorney for your case can be done in these simple steps:
- Call us at 504-321-4300 to discuss your case. We can do the consultation over the phone or on Skype if you prefer a face-to-face.
- We will send you the fee agreement through email for you to sign.
- Make the payment for the attorney’s fee over the phone with us.
That’s it! We can then start going to court for you if the case is such that your appearance is not necessary. If you are located out of the area, this is a huge benefit to you.
If you live out-of-state or even outside of the New Orleans area but in Louisiana, we may be able to help you. Mr. Barkemeyer defends many clients who get into trouble in New Orleans but don’t live there. It is common for someone to pick up a criminal charge, then have to go back home for work and/or family. We may be able to go to court for you so you do not need to appear.
Hiring us is an easy process that can be done over the phone. We have found that this is particularly beneficial to our client’s parents that have a child in college in New Orleans, however, the parents live outside of Louisiana. The parents are able to call us and hire us to defend their child without having to come to New Orleans. You do not need to stick around to try to hunt down a criminal defense attorney in New Orleans. Just give us a call at 504-321-4300 to get us on board.
- Communication – Our criminal law firm is based on excellent communication with the client. You will always understand what is going on with your case. You will understand every aspect of your case so you can make the best decision on your case.
- Experienced Criminal Defense – Mr. Barkemeyer has represented thousands of clients with criminal charges ranging from DWI to Murder. He knows the ins and outs of the criminal justice system and how to get the best deal available for his clients.
- An Attorney Who Cares About Your Case – We will not take your case if we cannot care about you and your case. Therefore, you will know that you have a defense attorney in your corner who will bust through the ropes in your defense.
Drug Charge Defense
Our primary client is one with a drug charge. Mr. Barkemeyer has focused his criminal practice on defending clients with drug offenses not just in New Orleans, but throughout Louisiana. He wrote the book titled How to Defend Drug Charges in Louisiana. He gives speeches to other lawyers on how to defend drug charges. He knows drug offenses inside and out. He understands that every drug case is different. Your drug case is not like every one else’s. He examines all the legality of the officer’s actions to determine if any constitutional rights were violated. He has successfully beat drug cases this way. In the event you have a tough case, he knows other ways to help your case with drug treatment and rehabilitation. Whether you are charged with drug possession or drug distribution, we can help.
Since DWI cases have a lot of the same issues as drug cases, Mr. Barkemeyer has successfully defended hundreds of clients with DWI charges in Louisiana. DWI and drug arrests usually happen the same way. They involve a traffic stop, questioning of the driver and occupants, investigation, leading to an arrest. Finding weaknesses in the prosecutor’s case is key to representation. Mr. Barkemeyer has been able to get many DWI charges reduced or dismissed. He defends clients with misdemeanor DWI, which is DWI first offense and DWI second offense. He also defends clients with felony DWI arrests which is DWI third offense, DWI fourth offense, and more. Call us at 504-321-4300 if you need a New Orleans DWI attorney.
Many times, drug charges and DWI can involve gun charges as well. Mr. Barkemeyer defends clients with gun charges in New Orleans. Louisiana gun charges can be misdemeanors or felonies depending on the charge. Gun charges are taken very seriously by prosecutors. In fact, many times, the gun charge is more serious than the drug charge. Gun charges can include sentences that do not even allow for probation. Here are some of the Louisiana gun charges we defend clients for:
- Illegal Use of Weapons
- Illegal Carrying of Weapons
- Illegal Carrying of Weapons with CDS
- Possession of Firearm by Convicted Felon
- Possession of Firearm by Person Convicted of Domestic Abuse
- Illegal Possession of Stolen Firearms
- Federal firearms charges
Locations of Practice
Mr. Barkemeyer defends clients not only in New Orleans, but all throughout Louisiana. He has defended clients with criminal charges in many courthouses from Terrebonne Parish to Shreveport, Louisiana. If you have a criminal charge, he has probably been in that courtroom. If you have a drug charge, DWI, or any other criminal charge in New Orleans or anywhere in Louisiana, give us a call to see if we can help.